Retirement Dates For CompTIA Exams
The list below contains current exam codes and retirement dates for selected CompTIA certification tests. If you're CompTIA certified and already obtained your CompTIA Candidate Career ID, you can get the most accurate info and answers to any other exam-related question from the official CompTIA customer support center after logging in at www.certmetrics.com, and clicking the "Support" button at the top of the page.
The link at www.certmetrics.com points to the CompTIA candidate database where you can also check all the details related to your certifications. It is also possible to log in to the database and check your certification info by visiting this page: http://certification.comptia.org/manageCEUs.aspx at the official CompTIA website.
CompTIA Professional Series
- CompTIA A+CE (2009 objectives). Exam codes: 220-701 (CompTIA A+ Essentials) / 220-702 (CompTIA A+ Practical Application). Exam retirement date for the English language version of the exam: August 31, 2013 (exam versions available in other languages are scheduled to retire on December 31,2013).
- CompTIA A+CE (2011 objectives). Exam codes: 220-801 / 220-802. Exam retirement date: approx. 3 years from release date (launched October 9, 2012).
- CompTIA Network+ (2009 objectives). Exam codes: N10-004 / JK0-016. Exam Retirement date: retired August 31, 2012.
- CompTIA Network+CE (2011 objectives). Exam codes: N10-005 / JK0-019. Exam retirement date: approx. 3 years from release date (launched December 1, 2011).
- CompTIA Security+ (2008 objectives). Exam codes: SY0-201 / JK0-15. Exam retirement date: retired December 31, 2011.
- CompTIA Security+CE (2010 objectives). Exam codes: SY0-301 / JK0-18. Exam retirement date: approx. 3 years from release date (launched in May, 2011).
- CompTIA Server+. Exam Code: SK0-003. Exam Retirement date: N/A.
- CompTIA Linux+ (powered by LPI). Exam codes: LX0-101 and LX0-102. Exam Retirement date: N/A.
- CompTIA Storage+ (Powered by SNIA). Exam Code: SGO-001. Exam Retirement date: N/A.
Certifications with the CE (Continuing Education) suffix (new A+, Network+, Security+ exams) are valid for three years from the date of certification.