Retirement Dates For CompTIA Exams
The list below contains exam codes and retirement dates for selected CompTIA certification tests. If you're CompTIA certified and already obtained your CompTIA Candidate Career ID, you can get the most accurate info and answers to any other exam-related question from the official CompTIA customer support center after logging in at www.certmetrics.com, and clicking the "Support" button at the top of the page.
The link at www.certmetrics.com points to the CompTIA candidate database where you can also check all the details related to your certifications.
CompTIA Professional Series
- CompTIA A+ce. Exam codes: 220-801 / 220-802. Launched in December 2012. English version of this exam retired June 30, 2016 and is no longer available for test takers. The scheduled retirement date for other language versions (Japanese, German, Thai, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, French, Arabic, Brazilian, Portuguese) is December 31, 2016.
- CompTIA A+ce. Exam codes: 220-901 / 220-902. Exam retirement date: approximately 3 years from its release date (launched in December 2015).
- CompTIA Network+ce. Exam codes: N10-005 / JK0-019. Retired on 31st of December 2015.
- CompTIA Network+ce. Exam codes: N10-006 / JK0-023. Exam retirement date: retires approx. 3 years from the release date (launched February 28, 2015).
- CompTIA Security+ce. Exam codes: SY0-301 / JK0-18. Exam retirement date: retired December 31, 2014.
- CompTIA Security+ce. Exam code: SY0-401. Exam retirement date: approx. 3 years from release date (launched in May 2014).
Certifications with the +ce (Continuing Education) suffix are valid for 3 years. Candidates certified on or before December 31, 2010 are still considered certified for life, but further lifetime certifications for CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ are no longer available.